Teriyaki Chicken Fried Rice, full of flavor, perfect for a weeknight meal or side dish!
Who’s going to win Battle of the Blands? I’m voting for team rice so I’ve created a delicious recipe in their honor, and you should too!
I love rice so it was easy to choose a team to root for – here’s my favorite recipe to inspire you to vote for team rice, too!
Rice doesn’t have to be bland! I’ve partnered with Soy Vay® to bring you this kick-butt, totally NOT bland Teriyaki Chicken Fried Rice using their Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teryiaki® sauce!
This dish is perfect as a full meal on it’s own or an amazing side dish! Loaded with juicy teriyaki chicken, veggies, rice, eggs, Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teryiaki® sauce and garnished with sesame seeds. This will soon be a new recipe to add to that dinner rotation!
Right now Soy Vay® is in the middle of battle between two “blands”; rice and tofu. I was asked to create a dish and to pick a side. Rice was the obvious choice for me! You can vote for your favorite too by going to their voting website by clicking here.
But first, let me convince you that rice is the superior bland ingredient by checking out my recipe below:
Teriyaki Chicken Fried Rice
Teriyaki Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Cup long grain white rice
- 1 large chicken breast boneless skinless
- 1/4 Cup plus 3 Tablespoons Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teryiaki® sauce
- 1/4 Cup white onion small diced
- 1/4 Cup carrot small dice
- 1 Cup red cabbage shredded
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 Cup frozen peas
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for cooking
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Place 1/4 Cup Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teryiaki® sauce over the chicken breast in a ziplock bag, place in refrigerator and let marinade one hour.
- While chicken is marinading, cook the rice by adding the water to a small stock pot, cover and bring to a boil. Add the rice and stir with a spoon a few times. Cover and turn heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes until rice is fully cooked. When rice is done cooking, spoon it onto a sheet tray to let the excess water evaporate, this is important so the finished product isn't mushy.
- When the chicken is done marinating, cook it fully on a grill pan over medium heat and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.. While chicken is cooking, prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- You will want all the ingredients ready to go before you assemble the dish because it goes together very quickly. Have all your chopped veggies ready, cut the chicken into small bite sized pieces, beat the eggs, have the sauce ready, everything.
- I used a wok but you can use a large pan. Place pan over medium high heat and let it heat up. When hot, place a small amount of oil, about 1 Tablespoons in the bottom of the pan, just to coat. Add in the carrots and onion. Cook until onions just start to turn translucent about 3 minutes. Add in the cabbage and cook until it starts to wilt, another 3 minutes.
- Scrap out veggies on to a plate and set aside. Place another 1 Tablespoons of oil into pan. Cook the eggs, scrambling them until just set. Add in the rice and let fry in the oil, stirring constantly and breaking up the egg. Add in the veggies, chicken and sauce. Toss to combine.
- Add in peas at the very end and cook through, this will only take a minute. Add the pepper, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve immediately with a garnish of sesame seeds, enjoy!
YUMMM! It looks like a lot of steps but this dish is extremely easy, trust me!
The Soy Vay® marinade is sooo flavorful! You will be going back to it again and again!
I hope I have inspired you to vote for team rice with me! What is your favorite way to use rice in dishes??
Order My Cookbook!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Soy Vay. The opinions and text are all mine.