This BBQ Chicken Pizza is ready in under 10 minutes, that’s right! The ultimate weeknight meal recipe.
The classic BBQ Chicken Pizza with a few fun twists!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
You are going to be floored once you realize how easy this BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe is! This post is sponsored by al fresco chicken sausages, all opinions are 100% my own.
Dinner ready in under 10 minutes?! I know, this pizza is what dreams are made of.
Not only is it delicious. Pure facts here people.
VERY Scientific Calculation of why this BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe is delicious:
- It has the most flavorful chicken sausage… ever.
- BBQ sauce.
- ALL the cheese.
- Cilantro… yes, I went there.
- And, a sneaky garnish you DEFINITELY aren’t expecting which just ties everything together and makes it… OVER. THE. TOP.
The star of this recipe is al fresco Chicken Sausages. They are all natural and come fully cooked.
You don’t have to worry about cooking raw chicken with this recipe, al fresco has you covered. PLUS, making the cooking time for this recipe a fraction of the time.
These sausages are highly seasoned, I used the sweet apple flavor for this recipe. Apples and bbq sauce just work.
I found them at my local Publix by the other packaged cooked sausages and hot dogs.
I’m also demoing these BBQ Chicken Pizzas on River City Live today, make sure to watch it live or check out the recap below!
See how easy these are?! They literally go together in minutes.
What does BBQ Chicken Pizza have on it?
Traditionally, bbq chicken pizza is made with regular pizza dough, bbq sauce, shredded or sliced bbq chicken, cheese, cilantro, and red onions.
What makes our version stand apart (and it was better, IMO.) is we are using Naan bread, al fresco Chicken Sausage, and pickled red onions.
These three slight changes make the classic extra flavorful, and even easier to make than the original version.
Why naan bread? For one, it is already cooked, and it is a hearty bread ready for toppings.
You can cook it in the oven, stovetop, or grill. It is extremely versatile and a great tip for making any type of pizza you love!
How to make BBQ chicken pizza in the oven
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spread bbq sauce evenly on top of the naan. Sprinkle with shredded Colby jack cheese or cheese of your choice.
- Slice al fresco Chicken Sausage thinly and place on top, sprinkle a little more cheese on top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted, sausage is warmed through, and naan is golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and homemade pickled red onions!
From tailgating to home-gating, to after-school-snack, to a weeknight meal, to holiday party appetizer, this bbq chicken pizza will make an appearance in your kitchen again and again!
Don’t forget to grab your package of al fresco Chicken Sausages in Sweet Apple at your local Publix!
You know how I love my non-recipe recipes, and this is another one! Have fun, add as much of the toppings as you like, you can’t go wrong.
But, to go off what I do when I make these pizzas, feel free to follow my recipe below. Please experiment and make it your own 🙂
How to make BBQ Chicken Pizza from scratch
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 2 Naan bread
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 2 cups Colby jack cheese shredded
- al fresco Chicken Sausages thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped fine
For the pickled red onions
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced on the mandolin
- 2 garlic cloves smashed
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- handful ice cubes
- Preheat oven to 400°. If using a pizza stone, let the stone sit in the oven to get hot.
- Cover the pizzas with the bbq sauce, half of the cheese, and the chicken sausage. Top with remaining cheese. Place directly on the pizza stone, if using, or onto a sheet tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted, chicken is heated through, and bread is golden brown.
- Slice and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and pickled red onions.
For the pickled red onions
- Place onions and garlic in a large mason jar or a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepot, add the vinegar, sugar, water, and salt. Bring to a simmer, until the sugar and salt are dissolved, whisking occasionally. Take off the heat and add the ice cubes to cool down the liquid.
- Pour liquid over the onions and garlic until covered. Let cool completely on the countertop, then cover and place in the fridge for 8 hours, or overnight.