Sweet and Spicy Bacon Bombs, tater tots and pepper jack cheese wrapped in bacon and baked to a golden brown! This recipe for bacon bombs appetizer will be the star of your party!
Craving something decadent? Something salty, sweet and a touch spicy?? Well, you have come to the right blog, my friends!
Today’s recipe is over the top deliciousness and not for the faint of heart. I say if you want to splurge, then go all out!
One of my biggest treats I go for when I want something savory is BACON. And, I’m pretty sure I’m not alone.
These cheesy bacon bombs are just oozing with everything you crave!
How to wrap Cheesy Bacon Bombs Tater Tots:
Make sure they are loosely rolled in the bacon. The bacon will shrink during cooking and if they are too tightly wrapped they will smush the tots!
They have just a touch of spice but if you like extra spice, just amp up the amount of chipotle powder.
What are bacon bombs?
Also known as a bacon explosion, a bacon bomb is traditionally some type of ground sausage wrapped in brown sugar bacon and put on a smoker.
This recipe for cheesy bacon bombs is a play on the classic. Tater tots and pepper jack cheese wrapped in bacon and rolled in brown sugar and chipotle powder!
If you love this bacon, brown sugar, and chipotle combo, I highly suggest trying my bacon crackers, wow!!
Can you bake cheesy bacon bombs?
Yes! This recipe is for baked bacon bombs.
This recipe needs to bake for 18-20 minutes in a 400-degree oven.
I’m appetizer obsessed so I immediately think of that first. But, these bacon bombs would be great at parties, lunch or even dinner. Heck, there is basically a hash brown inside so yes, breakfast too!
Have leftover tater tots? Make these 7-Layer Dip Totchos!
How to make bacon bombs:
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Bombs
- 20 tater tots
- 10 slices thick cut bacon cut in half
- 20 pieces pepper jack cheese thinly sliced to the size of a tater tot
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine brown sugar and chipotle powder on a small plate. Roll tater tot with a piece of the cheese loosely with bacon. Roll entire thing in the brown sugar mixture.
- Place on a sheet tray about 1 inch apart. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
Latest posts by Dana DeVolk (see all)
- Peel and Eat Shrimp Cocktail (Plus Cocktail Sauce Recipe!) - May 17, 2019
- Sweet London Mule Cocktail - May 16, 2019
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe - May 15, 2019