Homemade Sweet Potato Tots, a delicious, flavorful healthy alternative ready in under 30 minutes!
Sweet Potato Tots is a yummy side dish perfect for everyday dinners to Thanksgiving feasts! This post was sponsored by Green Giant as part of an Influence Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
This sweet potato side dish is SO easy, my little secret to having them on the table in under 30 minutes is using Green Giant riced veggies. For this recipe, I used the cauliflower and sweet potato variety!
They are so versatile, you can use them as a side dish as is or use them in recipes like I do! A ton of prep work is already done for you by picking up a bag.
You can find them at your local grocery store in the frozen section by the other veggies.
Sweet Potato Tots Directions:
- Microwave Green Giant riced cauliflower and sweet potato for 5 minutes. Mix with flour and spices.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out small tots. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and delicious!
As you can tell, this is a low-calorie side dish. I made sure to add lots of yummy spices to make sure they were super flavorful.
What spices are in the tater tots?
I used garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin, and chipotle powder. I find these spices really go well with sweet potatoes!
I even use this combination every time I make sweet potato hash. It goes perfectly with the slight sweetness of the sweet potatoes and a touch of heat and smokiness from the chipotle powder, wow!
Alternatives and Add-ons:
Like food extra spicy? No problem, add more chipotle powder or dip in hot sauce!
Don’t like spicy at all? Leave out the chipotle powder all together.
Serve as is or with a dipping sauce such as ranch or a dollop of sour cream!
I really love that these riced veggies are just pure vegetables. No flavorings or anything added.
This is perfect for a cook like me that likes to add their own twist to dishes!
Sweet Potato Tots
- 12 ounces Green Giant Riced Veggies Cauliflower and Sweet Potato
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 cracks fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese fresh grated
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, garnish, optional chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place riced veggies bag unopened in the microwave and cook on high for 5 minutes. Carefully pour into a medium-sized bowl, and let cool to the touch.
- Add the flour, onion powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, chipotle powder, salt, and pepper into the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Using a one tablespoon sized scoop, scoop out the tots onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Press the mixture into the scoop to form a ball. Spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle parmesan on top. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Garnish with parsley, optional.
Latest posts by Dana DeVolk (see all)
- Peel and Eat Shrimp Cocktail (Plus Cocktail Sauce Recipe!) - May 17, 2019
- Sweet London Mule Cocktail - May 16, 2019
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe - May 15, 2019