Rocky Road Brownies, thick and chewy brownies loaded with almonds and topped with marshmallow creme.
With the weather finally starting to cooperate and turn a bit warmer, now is the perfect time for cookouts! YES, I love cooking out or just having a fun gathering, and there is no better time then spring!
We were having a small get together this past weekend and I was asked to make dessert. It was a little last minute but no biggie, I knew I had the makings of a yummy dessert already in the pantry!
Lucky for me, I had stocked up on Pillsbury™ Brownie Mixes on my previous trip to Walmart, so I knew I was good to go. I wanted to make them stand out a little and I remembered one of my Dad’s favorite ice cream flavors is rocky road, so I put the two together and BAM:
Rocky Road Brownies! Oh yea, they are Heavenly. I used the Pillsbury™ Milk Chocolate family size Brownie Mix to make these.
The other ingredients are super simple, just almonds and marshmallow creme, which I always have on hand.
I know what you’re thinking, these brownies are super thick, you’re right! With this Brownie Mix you can make them as thick as you want, and I always like a more soft brownie, so I made them in an 8×8 pan, per the directions on the back of the package.
Rocky Road Brownies
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Milk Chocolate Family Size Brownie Mix
- 2/3 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup almonds rough chop
- Marshmallow Creme for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8x8 baking pan (or your choice of size) with parchment paper. Prepare brownie mix per the directions on the back of the box, fold in chopped almond.
- Place mix and smooth evenly into pan. Bake per directions on back of the box.
- Take out brownies and let cool completely, cut and top with marshmallow creme just before serving, enjoy!
You COULD stop here, but that luscious marshmallow creme is just the perfect touch!
Yes, I went a little photo crazy, can you blame me??
As you can imagine, these were a huge hit! Do you like to add toppings and things to your brownies or do you prefer them plain? Honestly, I’ll take them anyway I can get ’em!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.
- Overnight French Toast - August 3, 2020
- Creamy Greek Pasta Salad - July 29, 2020
- Peel and Eat Shrimp Cocktail (Plus Cocktail Sauce Recipe!) - July 27, 2020