Pork Piccata is an easy weeknight dinner you can get on the table in 15 minutes!
Hi all! I’m Julie from White Lights on Wednesday. I’m excited to be here at This Silly Girl’s Life as a new recipe contributor! This month I’m bringing you a quick and easy weeknight dinner you can make anytime of year. This twist on an Italian classic is made over for a family friend meal that will have everyone asking for seconds.
I just love the paring or lemon with a touch of cream with give the sauce a little body. The bright flavors keep this dish from feeling heavy. And the thin cut pork chops keep cooking time to a minimum. If you buy thicker pork chops or substitute chicken (for the classic dish), your cooking time will increase. But this sauce is where it’s at!
- 4 thin sliced pork chops
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- Fresh or dried parsley for garnish
- Thin sliced lemon wheels for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and melt.
- Season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Add to hot pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, flipping once.
- While pork chops cook, heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons butter, and melt. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Add cream, and heat through.
- Plate pork chops with lemon wheels, spoon sauce over the top, and garnish with parsley.