Today’s recipe for pop tart ghost pops is the first in the Halloween series for September! GET EXCITE. I’m obsessed with Halloween desserts. I have no idea why. I have so many ideas and not enough days in the week to do then. It’s a blessing and a curse, my friends. If you are new here, first of all, HEY! Welcome to our weekly series, Parrish from Life with the Crust Cut Off and I bring you one themed recipe a week each month. Today I’m showing you how to take an everyday breakfast treat to the next level for Halloween:
Pop Tart Ghost Pops
These are really, really easy to make will really get your kiddos eager to get Trick or Treating!
Pop Tart Ghost Pops
- Pop Tarts I used the cookies and cream flavor for the white ghost
- Royal Icing
- Black Royal Icing
- Cake Pop Sticks
- Make the royal icing in advance. I suggest using this recipe from SweetSugarBelle. I dyed some of it black for the faces.
- Open desired amount of pop tarts. Secure them with a cake pop stick to the back using royal icing. Let sit over night covered so the icing will harden.
- With the black icing, make the outline of your ghost faces or whatever other decoration you would like. Let harden for at least an hour. Taking more black royal icing (the flooding kind, make sure to read up on this before hand.) Fill in the eyes and mouth. Let harden completely, will take a couple hours. Serve and enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
How fun are these?! You can go crazy with lots of different faces or sayings. I’m obviously not the best decorator but I still think they came out super cute!
I think this face was my favorite:
What do you think, will you try these out?? Remember to stop by Parrish’s blog and see her recipe for Halloween Rice Crispy Cake:
If you liked this recipe, check out these others (click on the pictures):
Latest posts by Dana DeVolk (see all)
- Peel and Eat Shrimp Cocktail (Plus Cocktail Sauce Recipe!) - May 17, 2019
- Sweet London Mule Cocktail - May 16, 2019
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe - May 15, 2019