Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake, white cake loaded with fresh blueberries, lemon pudding and whipped topping!
How about a taste of summer today?? Fresh blueberries throughout the yummy white cake, soaked with lemon pudding and fluffy whipped topping, mmmm… it doesn’t get much better than this!
I think lemon and blueberry is just one killer fruit flavor combo. The burst from the berries with that clean, crisp lemony tartness pairs so well together.
Mix in a little sugar and you can’t go wrong!! 😉 hehe.
This cake goes together in no time and it is definitely a “wow” dessert. The colors alone makes it stand out but the flavor is just so light, delicate and refreshing. I KNOW you will be asked to make this one again and again!
Ssssshhh… a little secret. I used a boxed white cake mix and instant lemon pudding, but that’s just between us. Easy. Delicious. Beautiful…. what more can you ask for??
Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 9 ounces blueberries
- 3.4- ounce box of instant lemon pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl place the white cake mix (reserving 1/4 cup for later), water, oil and egg whites. Mix on low for 30 seconds, mix on medium for 2 minutes with a hand mixer.
- Toss blueberries with the remaining 1/4 cup of cake mix. Fold in blueberries into batter. Pour batter into a greased 13x9 inch cake pan. Bake 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on a wired rack for at least 2 hours.
- With a rounded wooden spoon handle, poke holes all over the cake about 1 inch apart. Mix pudding with milk per the directions on the back of the box and immediately pour over the cake. Using a spatula, gently smooth pudding over cake trying to press it into the holes. Cover and place in the fridge for one hour.
- Top with whipped topping and serve.
Here is a quick video tutorial:
I just can’t get enough of this beauty!
This would also be a perfect cake to serve at Easter!
What is your favorite way to eat lemon + blueberries??
Want more berry inspiration? Check out my friend Cami’s Strawberry and Cream Cookie Cups below!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER.
Get my latest recipes goodies straight to your inbox!
I hate Spam as much as you do so, No Spam I promise!
Comments & Reviews
Hello, Literally in the middle of making this and I am confused on the pudding preparation. The pudding box does not call for any milk. Did you mean to prepare the pudding and also mix in milk? Or just mix the pudding powder with milk and leave out all other ingredients? Thank you!
Dana DeVolk says
Thanks for trying out this recipe! I used instant pudding in this recipe. For instant pudding, it is just the box of pudding mix plus the milk. If you got a cooked style of boxed pudding (or another kind), no worries, just make it as per the directions on the package and continue with the recipe directions. I hope this helps!
Vanessa Davis says
This looks so delicious – can’t wait to try them.
Lemon and blueberry are a match made in flavor heaven! Poke cakes are equally delightful.
Claire | Sprinkles and Sprouts says
Lemon and Blueberry are such great flavours. They work so well together!
I just love how easy this recipe is!!! It is a big hit in our family!
I have this on my oven right now! So glad I subscribed to your site, as this recipe showed up this morning. Can’t wait for more inspiration!
Victoria Barker says
Can you use frozen blueberries?
Dana DeVolk says
Yes you can