Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake, white cake loaded with fresh blueberries, lemon pudding and whipped topping!
How about a taste of summer today?? Fresh blueberries throughout the yummy white cake, soaked with lemon pudding and fluffy whipped topping, mmmm… it doesn’t get much better than this!
I think lemon and blueberry is just one killer fruit flavor combo. The burst from the berries with that clean, crisp lemony tartness pairs so well together.
Mix in a little sugar and you can’t go wrong!! 😉 hehe.
This cake goes together in no time and it is definitely a “wow” dessert. The colors alone makes it stand out but the flavor is just so light, delicate and refreshing. I KNOW you will be asked to make this one again and again!
Ssssshhh… a little secret. I used a boxed white cake mix and instant lemon pudding, but that’s just between us. Easy. Delicious. Beautiful…. what more can you ask for??
Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 9 ounces blueberries
- 3.4- ounce box of instant lemon pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl place the white cake mix (reserving 1/4 cup for later), water, oil and egg whites. Mix on low for 30 seconds, mix on medium for 2 minutes with a hand mixer.
- Toss blueberries with the remaining 1/4 cup of cake mix. Fold in blueberries into batter. Pour batter into a greased 13x9 inch cake pan. Bake 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on a wired rack for at least 2 hours.
- With a rounded wooden spoon handle, poke holes all over the cake about 1 inch apart. Mix pudding with milk per the directions on the back of the box and immediately pour over the cake. Using a spatula, gently smooth pudding over cake trying to press it into the holes. Cover and place in the fridge for one hour.
- Top with whipped topping and serve.
Here is a quick video tutorial:
I just can’t get enough of this beauty!
This would also be a perfect cake to serve at Easter!
What is your favorite way to eat lemon + blueberries??
Want more berry inspiration? Check out my friend Cami’s Strawberry and Cream Cookie Cups below!
Order My Cookbook!