Chocolate Potato Chip Cookies, crispy butter cookies made with crushed potato chips, drizzled with melted milk chocolate!
Hi all! I’m finally back with another yummy dessert recipe! I don’t know, I feel like it has been a while since I shared a dessert. Do you all like the variety I have been having lately? I’ve been trying to share more savory dishes. Let me know in the comments what you prefer to see from me and I WILL DELIVER! heheh
Anyways, these potato chips cookies sound weird, but O. M. Geee…. they are amazing. Crisp on the out side, tender on the inside and drizzled with melted milk chocolate, to die for! They are slightly salty from the addition of the potato chips, but not overwhelming at all.
I know it sounds kind of crazy, but trust me…. they are soooo good! Every one loved them, I made them for a football party I had a few weeks ago (I know, I’ve had this recipe in my back pocket for some time, don’t kill me!) and everyone that tried them loved ’em and I know you will too!!
recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Chocolate Potato Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup 2 sticks butter, unsalted, softened
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 Cup potato chips crushed fine in a food processor
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz milk chocolate melted for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes on medium speed with a hand mixer. Add in the vanilla and beat to combine. Slowly add in the flour a little at a time until fully incorporated. Add in the potato chips and mix until just combined.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet tray. I used a tablespoon scooper for even cookies. Round them into balls and bake for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden brown on the edges. Place sheet tray on wired rack and let cool for 2 minutes before transferring cookies to cool completely on wired rack.
- When cookies are cooled, drizzle with melted chocolate, pop in the fridge for 10 minutes so the chocolate can set. Serve and enjoy!
YUM! These sure were a hit. I loved them and will definitely make them again and again!!
I think they came out so pretty too, dontcha think?! Okay, I might be a little biased… just sayin’.
If you liked this cookie recipe, please check out these others by clicking on the images: