Chili Cheese Dog Mac and Cheese, classic baked mac and cheese is kicked up 10 notches with the addition of grilled Ball Park® Hot Dogs, chili and crispy fried onions!
Want to know how to feel like a legend at your next summer cookout? Make this ah-mazing Chili Cheese Dog Mac and Cheese, oh yes, I went there! Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.
Now that summer is here and here for good, it’s time to really get cranking on those grills! Living in Florida, we grill out pretty much all year round but when summer hits, I make dinner on the grill almost every night.
I stocked up on grilling goodies the other day and in my arsenal is always some Ball Park® Bun Size Beef Hot Dogs. These are Jeremy’s favorite brand and style of hot dogs, so they are always what I just naturally grab first.
So, right off the bat anything I make with these will be a home run! (Bat, home run, Ball Park…. haha?? No? Moving on…)
ANYways… speaking of baseball, it is also Jeremy’s all time favorite sport. He grew up watching the Cubbies like me and it was something we first bonded over.
I wanted to make something super special for him while we watched the Cubs play and I combined two of his favorite things. Chili Cheese Dogs and Mac and Cheese. And Boy, I was feeling like a legend by the end of the meal!
We ate it like a meal all in it’s own with a side salad but it would be a super special side dish at any summer cookout.
Here is a quick video tutorial to see how I made it!
Chili Cheese Dog Mac and Cheese
- 15 oz package Ball Park® Bun Size Beef Hot Dogs
- 1 Cup of your favorite chili
- Mac and cheese
- ½ pound elbow macaroni noodles
- 3 Tablespoon butter
- 3 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 3 Cups milk
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 3 Cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 1 Cup crispy fried onions
- 1/2 Cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Grill hot dogs off first over high heat and get a good char on all sides. Set aside and allow to cool to the touch.
- When hot dogs are cooling, assemble the mac and cheese. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large stock pot, cook macaroni to directions on back of box. While pasta cooks, assemble the cheese sauce. In a large sauce pan, add the 3 Tbls butter and the flour. Whisk to combine and form a paste, add in the salt and pepper, ½ tsp paprika, ½ tsp garlic powder and ½ tsp onion powder. Add in the milk and mustard and whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and let cook for 10 minutes until thickened. Temper in the egg and take off the heat. Add in 2 Cups of the cheese.
- Add cooked pasta into the cheese sauce pot and with a spoon mix until pasta is coated. Cut up hot dogs into rounds and mix with macaroni filling. In a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray, add in the pasta mixture. Add the chili in a layer on top. Top with remaining cheese.
- Mix the onions and breadcrumbs with the melted butter. Cover entire dish with this mixture.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes, uncovered until bubbly. Take out of oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving, enjoy!
Yummy, yummy! I love the smokiness the grill gives to the dogs, it adds another layer of flavor to this already kick butt dish!
What is your favorite way to cook and eat Ball Park® Bun Size Beef Hot Dogs?
Find Legendary Recipes for All Star Grilling at www.legendsatthegrill.com/walmart.
Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Dip - October 23, 2020
- Chocolate Chip Muffins - October 21, 2020
- The Best Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe (Stovetop and Oven Directions) - October 19, 2020