Caprese Panzanella Salad, grape tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil tossed with homemade parmesan croutons!
You can’t get more classic than a Caprese salad. The mixture of fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella are just so simple yet so delicious that you cannot go wrong.
I also absolutely love Panzanella salads because well, BREAD. There are a ton of croutons/bread in a Panzanella and I just can’t get enough!
In today’s recipe, I make homemade parmesan croutons to go along with the fresh flavors of a classic Caprese salad.
It is simply dressed with just olive oil, salt, pepper, and balsamic glaze.
Sometimes just plain simply is best, and that can’t be more appropriate here!
- 2 Cups french bread, 1-inch dice
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, fresh grated
- 2 cracks fresh black pepper
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, cut in half length-wise
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella pearls
- 12 basil leaves, torn by hand
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees. Toss the bread cubes with the remaining ingredients. Spread out onto a sheet tray in an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Place the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and croutons in a large bowl. Toss with the olive oil, season with kosher salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze, serve.
This is such a simple salad, it will definitely be a go-to!
I also put together a quick recipe video tutorial here:
I really hope you enjoyed this recipe!
Order My Cookbook!