Caprese Panzanella Salad, grape tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil tossed with homemade parmesan croutons!
You can’t get more classic than a Caprese salad. The mixture of fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella are just so simple yet so delicious that you cannot go wrong.
I also absolutely love Panzanella salads because well, BREAD. There are a ton of croutons/bread in a Panzanella and I just can’t get enough!
In today’s recipe, I make homemade parmesan croutons to go along with the fresh flavors of a classic Caprese salad.
It is simply dressed with just olive oil, salt, pepper, and balsamic glaze.
Sometimes just plain simply is best, and that can’t be more appropriate here!
Caprese Panzanella SaladPrint
- 2 Cups french bread 1-inch dice
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese fresh grated
- 2 cracks fresh black pepper
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes cut in half length-wise
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella pearls
- 12 basil leaves torn by hand
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees. Toss the bread cubes with the remaining ingredients. Spread out onto a sheet tray in an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
Caprese Panzanella Salad
- Place the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and croutons in a large bowl. Toss with the olive oil, season with kosher salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze, serve.
This is such a simple salad, it will definitely be a go-to!
I also put together a quick recipe video tutorial here:
I really hope you enjoyed this recipe!