BBQ Beef Nachos, layered nachos piled high with tender beef, cheese sauce, and all the fixins!
BBQ Beef Nachos make for a fantastic game day appetizer or even for a full meal! I took basic slow cooker chuck roast and made it into two meals, these beef nachos, and bbq beef sliders!
It’s no secret that I LOVE bar-b-que. We have some form of it on a weekly basis, we just can’t get enough!
We even go out on the weekends looking for new places we haven’t tried before. Yes… obsessed.
So, I love being able to make some of the flavors we love at home. I do not have a smoker but slap some bbq sauce on anything and we are in business, lol.
And, we are also nacho connoisseurs. I make the best nachos.
Ask anyone who has ever had them and they will tell you the same thing. I just have a nacho gift… I’m kind of a big deal.
When it comes to nachos.
So, slap our two loves together and you get this EPIC patter of goodness.
Take it in my friends.
My nacho secret:
What is my nacho secrets you might ask? The two most important things is an amazing cheese sauce, you can’t just be slapping some shredded cheese on a chip and call it a day.
The second thing in the layering.
Have you ever ordered nachos at a restaurant and there is this humungous pile of chips with all the stuff on them and you’re like “oh heck yea imma kill dis.” Then 10 minutes later all you are left with is a big pile of plain chips and utter disappointment?
Yea, they didn’t layer. I have only been to ONE restaurant where they layered their nachos and they are epic. But not as epic as these.
How to layer nachos like it’s your job:
- Get a big baking sheet and lay out a single layer of chips, don’t worry about being perfect here.
- Then, take half of the meat and randomly place some all over the chips. Drizzle on half of the cheese sauce and top with half of the shredded cheese.
- Repeat. This makes two amazing layers of nachos.
- Pop the whole thing in the oven to warm and melt the cheese.
- Garnish with ALL THE THINGS. More bbq sauce, diced tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, RANCH. Oh yea, ranch.
- Devour, come back here and tell me I am the nacho queen and now so are you! Or king, if you’re into that.
BBQ Beef Nachos Directions:
- To make these nachos, you will need to make a recipe of my slow cooker bbq beef. This recipe makes a lot so you will get a few nacho platters off of it or one giant one for a crowd! We actually ate one night of the sliders off of it, then nachos, and I froze the rest for two more slider nights. So, four meals for two people, not bad!
- Once you have your bbq beef, you will need to make the cheese sauce. It is just butter, seasonings, and flour, whisked together in a small pot, add milk and cook until thickened. Take off heat and add shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Layer your nacho platter per instructions above. Bake for about 5-8 minutes until shredded cheese is melted.
- While nachos are heating in the oven, get your toppings ready like sour cream, diced tomatoes, thinly sliced scallions, jalapenos, more bbq sauce, and I recommend adding some ranch because… it’s ranch and it’s delicious.
- Portion the nachos onto plates, add desired toppings and dig in. There is so much on these nachos you need to use a fork to eat them, trust me its worth it!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Tools used for this recipe:
- Slow cooker to make the bbq beef
- Small pot for the cheese sauce
- Sheet tray to cook the nachos
- Chef’s knife to slice and dice your toppings
- Cutting board to cut on, I’m obsessed with these nonslip ones.
More nacho recipes from my favorite bloggers:
- Firecracker Chicken Nachos
- Festive Chicken Taco Nachos
- Grilled Chorizo and Carnitas Nachos
- Easy Chicken Nachos, Alehouse CopyCat
BBQ Beef Nachos
- 1 recipe slow cooker bbq beef will use about 1/4 of the recipe
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- pinch kosher salt
- 15.5 ounce can pinto beans drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (4 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch kosher salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup colby jack cheddar blend cheese shredded
- toppings diced tomatoes, sliced scallions, jalapeños, bbq sauce, cilantro, ranch, etc.
- 1 bag tortilla chips I like thin and crispy
- In a medium-sized pan over medium-low heat add the butter, onions, and salt. Sautee for 10 minutes until lightly browned. Add 1/4 recipe shredded bbq beef (about 2 cups), add beans, and cilantro. Mix until beef and beans and warmed. Set aside.
- In a small pot, add the butter and melt over medium heat. Add the flour and spices, whisk until combined. Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly. Keep whisking until milk thickens, about 5 minutes. Take off the heat, add the cheese and whisk until melted. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a sheet tray, layer half of the chips, top with half of the meat mixture, half of the cheese sauce, and half of the shredded Colby jack cheddar cheese. Repeat to form another layer. Bake for 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with toppings of your choice or divide among plates and let your guests add the toppings they like.
Latest posts by Dana DeVolk (see all)
- Easy Grilled Asparagus Recipe (Ready in Under 15 Minutes!) - February 24, 2020
- Marble Oreo Truffles - February 21, 2020
- Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini - February 20, 2020