Peanutty Pie Crust Clusters, small pieces of baked pie crusts mixed with peanut butter, peanuts and toffee bits, then dipped in chocolate. So incredibly good!!
Hi there! It’s Lise, from Mom Loves Baking. Guess where I was a few days ago. I was a finalist in the 47th Pillsbury Bake-Off in Nashville.
If you haven’t heard, it’s the biggest baking contest which began in 1949 at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City. It was originally called the Grand National Recipe and Baking Contest with a grand prize of $25,000. Since 1996, the grand prize has been $1,000,000. And I was 1 of 100 finalists in the running for the big dough!
But alas, no prize for me. However, I did bake right next to one of the top 4 winners. Carla Hall, of the Chew on ABC, was the host and she announced the winners. Four category winners were chosen and now America has a chance to choose the million dollar winner.
Beth Royals, my baking neighbor in the contest, came up with the winning recipe for the dessert category – Peanutty Pie Crust Clusters. It’s such a delicious recipe, I thought I would make it for you.
Her recipe uses white chocolate chips which is yummy, but I thought I would make it with semisweet chocolate instead. It reminds me of chocolate haystacks, but it has little pieces of baked pie crust instead of chinese noodles. It also has peanut butter, peanuts and toffee bits. So incredibly good!
First you chop up the pie crust using a pizza cutter. Bake it at 450° for 6-8 minutes (watch it carefully because it can burn easily).
Melt your chocolate with some shortening and peanut butter in the microwave. Stir until smooth. Fold in your cooled pie crust pieces, peanuts and toffee bits.
Let cool in the fridge on parchment lined cookies sheets. Super easy and very tasty! Now it’s your turn to vote. If you like this recipe, vote for my friend, Beth. Go here to vote: https://www.pillsbury.com/vote – thanks! See y’all next month.
Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury®
Peanutty Pie Crust Clusters
- 1 Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust softened as directed on box
- 1 bag 12 oz. white vanilla baking chips (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 tablespoon Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup salted cocktail peanuts
- 2/3 cup toffee bits
- Heat oven to 450°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with Wax Paper. Unroll pie crust on work surface. With pizza cutter or knife, cut into 16 rows by 16 rows to make small squares. Arrange squares in single layer on large ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove squares from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 5 minutes.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips, shortening and peanut butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once, until chips can be stirred smooth. Add pie crust squares, peanuts and toffee bits; stir gently until evenly coated. Immediately drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto lined cookie sheets. (If mixture gets too thick, microwave on High 15 seconds; stir.) Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until set. Store covered.
If you liked this recipe, check out these others from Lise by clicking on the images:
Connect with Lise here: