This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AmericasTea #CollectiveBias
Do you ever get the midday blues, like I do?? What is your go-to picker-upper?? Normally, I would reach for coffee until I found Bigelow Tea American Breakfast while shopping at Walmart!
The new American Breakfast varieties of Bigelow Tea have 50% more caffeine, perfect for my normal afternoon crash.
And, if you know me at all by now, you know I love a good treat! Afternoon tea time is no exception. I’ve made these cute, amazingly delicious Mini Lemon Meringue Pies to go with my Bigelow tea!
Make sure to make these the day of that you are serving and eating them, the filo cups will get soggy on the bottom.
The recipe is adapted from Allrecipes.com
Mini Lemon Meringue Pies
Mini Lemon Meringue Pies
- 3 eggs divided
- 1 Cup granulated sugar divided
- 3 Tbls lemon zest
- 5 Tbls lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 Cup water
- 2 Tbls cornstarch
- 2 Tbls all purpose flour
- 1 Tbls butter unsalted
- 30 mini fillo shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Separate yolks and whites of eggs. Taking the yolks, mix with 3/4 Cup of the sugar and whisk until smooth, set aside.
- In a small sauce pot, mix the flour and cornstarch. Whisk in the water, lemon juice and lemon zest. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce to a simmer and temper in the eggs. Add in the butter, whisking until smooth and the mixture is thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare the meringue by whipping the egg whites with the remaining 1/4 Cup sugar with a hand mixer until it forms stiff peaks.
- Spoon lemon filling into fillo cups, pipe on the meringue filling and bake for 10 minutes or until the meringue becomes browned. Remove from oven and let cool, serve with your afternoon tea and enjoy!
YUM! Bigelow Tea has many flavors in their American Breakfast line.
My favorite is the black tea and honey, lemon and honey goes so well together!
American Breakfast tea gets it’s help from Theanine, a naturally occurring compound unique to tea. Theanine combined with caffeine gives a sustained energy boost with a feeling of relaxation and focus that only tea provides.
What I love most about the Bigelow Tea company is they are 100% All American. Made by an American family; an American Company for the American consumer.
If you live near Charleston or go there visiting, Bigelow Tea’s Charleston Plantation is open and guests are invited there for weddings, tours and a variety of music festivals.
One last amazing talking point about Bigelow Tea is their Troops Program. Almost 4 million bags of tea has been sent to our troops overseas and you can find more about that here!
I really hoped you liked today’s lemon meringue pies! Remember to grab your American Breakfast Tea in the coffee/tea aisle at Walmart!
What’s your favorite treat to have with tea?! Check out this Pinterest board for more Bigelow Tea inspiration:
Connect with Bigelow Tea: