Eggnog Pudding, homemade pudding made with eggnog, yummy on its own or in desserts!
Homemade eggnog pudding, this recipe can’t get much easier. With a festive flair, this homemade pudding recipe is made with eggnog, yum!
As with most people around this time of year, I just love making tons of desserts! And, of course, I like to use seasonal flavors.
I haven’t tried making many things with eggnog in the past, so I thought, why not!
This pudding is rich and decadent, serve in glasses and top with cinnamon whipped cream if desired!
This is also a wonderful recipe to make to use in other desserts like pie filling, parfaits, or even cookie cups!
But, I like to just eat it up with a spoon… its that good!
Eggnog Pudding Directions:
- Place dry ingredients in a medium-sized pot and mix together.
- Stir in eggnog and egg yolks, turn the heat on to medium and whisk constantly.
- Cook pudding until thickened, and it coats the back of a spoon.
- Immediately pour into a medium-sized bowl, top with plastic wrap so it is completely covering the pudding, make sure it is touching the pudding.
- Chill at least 3 hours to set.
- To serve, divide among four small glasses, top with cinnamon stabilized whipped cream and a garnish of ground cinnamon, enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from Pillsbury.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Tools used for this recipe:
- Medium-sized pot, for cooking the pudding.
- A whisk
- Medium-sized bowl to set pudding in the fridge.
- Plastic Wrap, essential for this recipe.
This recipe only uses egg yolks, what can I make with the leftover egg whites?
Even more ways to this recipe:
I could also see this pudding as a yummy dip for cookies or fruit! How pretty would a fun Christmas party table set up be with eggnog pudding in the center as a dip for all your festive cookies!
My Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies would go perfectly with this pudding as dippers, wow!
More yummy homemade pudding recipes from my favorite bloggers:
I really hope you enjoyed today’s recipe! If you try it out, please let us know how you liked it in the comments below!
Homemade Eggnog Pudding
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cup eggnog
- 3 egg yolks
- Place sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon in a medium-sized pot. With a whisk, stir in the eggnog and egg yolks until combined.
- Set heat to medium and whisk constantly until pudding is thickened and it coats the back of a spoon, about 5-8 minutes.
- Pour pudding into a medium-sized bowl, and place plastic wrap on top, touching the top of the pudding. Place in the fridge to set, 3 hours.