I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #CollectiveBias
Hi there! Boy, do I have a great recipe to share today! I’m not sure if I have ever mentioned this before, but I looooove Italian food! I haven’t been able to cook it so much recently because of our eating healthier kick, blah blah… lol but I really wanted to make something super comforting for dinner tonight. And hey, it’s all about portion size, right?! So, I made an early dinner of this beef braciole and you bet it’s on our rotation now!
Easy Beef Braciole
The recipe is very roughly based on the one from Giada De Laurentiis found here. I was gathering my ingredients for the recipe at my local Publix and picked up this amazing flank streak in the meat section. They always have the best looking meat and produce!
I remember that when I was at Walmart on our weekly shopping trip, I grabbed another bottle of Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil, this time I found it on the top shelf and there was only two left and I grabbed it up! Whew! Walmart is the only retailer that carries it, so make sure to grab a bottle while you’re there next! I knew this would have that nice buttery flavor I like.
So, off to the house I went to make this gorgeous thing:
- 1 - 1½ pound flank steak
- ½ Cup provolone, grated (non-smoked!)
- ½ Cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- ¼ Cup parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbls Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil
- 2 Tbls fresh basil, chopped
- ½ tsp oregano, dried
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 28 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Cup dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 Tbls butter, unsalted
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ Cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the provolone, panko, 1 clove garlic, parmesan, 2 Tbls basil, ½ tsp oregano and Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Lay out flank steak and evenly placed the breadcrumb mixture on top. Starting at the narrower end, roll the beef into a jelly roll. Secure with butcher's twine.
- Sear meat in a hot skillet with 2 Tbls Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil. Let get brown on all sides and transfer to a baking dish.
- In the pan with the hot oil and dripping, quickly put the remaining garlic and immediately follow with the wine, tomatoes and the additional ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Ladle 3¼ Cups of the tomato sauce over the beef. Cover and let cook for 30 minutes in the oven. After 30 minutes, ladle the sauce over the meat, cover and cooking another 30 minutes. Uncover, ladle sauce over meat one last time and cook uncovered for additional 30 minutes. Take out of oven, and slice into ½ inch thick slices. Make sure not to serve any of the string! Serve over rice with sauce or with the sides you prefer, enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
It looks kind of long, but I swear this is so simple and just packed with flavor! You don’t have to but I used the butter in the recipe just for a nice smooth texture to the sauce, not so much for flavor because you really get that with the Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil. The flank steak gets sooo tender from the long cooking, ugh! SO YUMMY, I like to serve it over rice so it soaks up all the tomato sauce, seriously… make this!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! What else do you think would go well with the butter oil??