Soft Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies, big, soft and chewy classic chocolate chip cookies studded with toasted coconut flakes!
Who doesn’t love a warm gooey chocolate chip cookie straight from the oven?? You know I do!
These cookies are everything I dream of in a cookie, soft and chewy. Add chocolate chips and I’m in Heaven. BUT, you know what makes these cookies even more special? Toasted coconut, yes, please!
I looooove toasted coconut and it really add a nice little extra something to these classic chocolate chip cookies. They are super easy to make. I know this will be your new go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe. If you’re not wild about coconut or just want a classic, then leave it out, no biggie!
Soft Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup toasted coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter in large microwave safe bowl. Cook for 40 seconds or until butter is very soft. With hand mixer, cream together butter and sugars until mixed and creamy, about 1 minute. Add in vanilla and egg, mix until just combined about 10 seconds.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Dived and roll dough into 9 balls. Place on cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart, do not press down. Bake 10-12 minutes until cookies are very slightly golden, dry on top and puffy.
- Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheet for 30 minutes before serving, enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum.
These cookies are truly amazing, you have to try this recipe!!
Super fun to make with the kids too! I really hope you enjoyed this one. If you make these cookies I would love to know what you think of them by leaving a comment below, or posting a photo on social media and tagging me!