Hi there! This Thursday we are doing something a little different, I have teamed up with a group of bloggers to bring you one themed post a month. This months theme is stripes. So, instead of this week’s Weekly Round UP I have this AMAZING dessert! More on the other bloggers stripe posts at the end of the recipe! Get ready to drooooool….
Zebra Cake with Cookies and Cream Frosting
Wowzas, isn’t she a beauty?! And the zebra striping effect is so super cute and unbelievably easy! I could definitely see this cake at so many different parties: a fun little girly birthday party, a bachlorette get together or even for a fun black and white theme. OR a safari party… you could even use food coloring for the white cake and make it any combination of colors… wow this is endless I tell ya! Get on with the recipe? Oh, okay sorry… hehe.
Zebra Cake with Cookies and Cream FrostingPrint
- Zebra Cake:
- Duncan Hines Devil Food Cake Mix plus ingredients on back of box
- Duncan Hines French Vanilla Cake Mix plus ingredients on the back of box
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 Cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbls milk
- 8 chocolate sandwich cookies crushed fine
- Preheat oven to direction on back of the boxes. Mix the two cake mixes separately adding an additional 3 Tbls of water to the vanilla cake mix (this helps it to spread easier).
- Take 2 round cake pans and using 1/4th Cup of a cake mix at a time, add a scoop to the middle of the cake pan, wait until it spreads some about 10 seconds, add another 1/4 scoop of the other color cake batter. Keep doing this until the pan is 2/3 of the way full. Do this again with the other cake pan. Cook cakes to directions on the back of the box.
- When cakes are done cooking, let sit in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer the cakes out of the pan onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
- While the cakes are cooking and cooling make the frosting. Beat the butter, cream cheese and vanilla with a hand mixer for about 3 minutes until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar in batches and lastly the milk.
- Add the crushed cookies into the frosting and mix again just until combined. Set aside until ready to frost.
- Place one of the cake on the platter you are going to serve, top side up. Add a layer of frosting with a spatula, about 1 Cup of the frosting. Add the other cake on top, top side down. This will help the top of the cake be flat instead of domed.
- Frost the outside of the cake on all sides, using the remaining frosting. Slice, enjoy and wow your guests!
Step by Step Directions
Now, I know I said my Cherry Limeade Cupcakes with that amazing whipped lime frosting were the best I ever had (I DO happen to say that a lot though… ). And that’s still true.. for a cupcake. This is by FAR my favorite cake cake ever ever ever. OMG. Seriously…. I think it’s that frosting that really did it for me, swoon.
Now that I’ve made this INCREDIBLE dessert, I have tons of ideas using this frosting… be on the look out!
Now, on to the other bloggers! We are calling ourselves #CreativeBuzz and every last Thursday of the month we will be making a different themed post! We are a group of different niche bloggers, so a great mix of different recipes, crafts and more will be coming your way! To get out these amazing posts, just click on the links below this image!
1. Granny Stripe Crocheted Blanket from Sugar Bee Crafts
2. Free Printable “Made with Love” Labels from Do Small Things with Love
3. Striped Gallery Style Photo Board from One Krieger Chick
4. Zebra Cake with Cookies & Cream Frosting from This Silly Girl’s Life
5. Striped Clover Mini Plate from Just Us Four
6. Neon Stripe Microsuede Clutch from seven thirty three Blog
7. Striped Cake Stand from Tied Ribbon
8. Stripe Fabric Bracelet from Made to Be a Momma
9. DIY Striped Slipcover for Kids Flip Sofa from Carissa Miss
Make sure to check out a few of their posts, these are some amazing ladies!
Looking for even more yummy treat inspiration? Follow my food board on Pinterest!