Chocolate Pumpkin Braid
Chocolate Pumpkin Braid, a satisfying fall breakfast, snack or dessert! Amazing with coffee, or a pumpkin spice latte perhaps?
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 2 braids
- 2 puff pastry sheets thawed to the directions on package
- 2 4.4 oz chocolate bars I used milk chocolate, use whichever flavor your prefer
- 4 oz cream cheese room temp
- 1/4 Cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 3 1/2 Cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg lightly beaten with a splash of water
- 1 Tablespoon coarse sugar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Using a hand mixer cream together the cream cheese, pumpkin and vanilla. Slowly add in the powdered sugar until combined. Add in the heavy cream and cinnamon until mixed, set aside.
Take each puff pastry sheet and place a chocolate bar in the center. Trim the sides as per the instructions in the post. Place about half of the pumpkin mixture on top. Close the braid as per the instructions in the post.
Lightly brush with the egg and sprinkle on the coarse sugar. Repeat with the other puff pastry. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden on top, let cool on a wired rack. Cut, serve and enjoy!