Crispy on the outside, soft, chewy and filled with flavor on the inside. Chorizo Twisted Breadsticks can be served as an appetizer or as a side to a big salad.
Breadsticks are great but breadsticks filled with Chorizo are better! I have to warn you that after eating one of these you may not be able to stop. I serve mine with a side of guac for dipping. There are times when I make a meal by adding them along side a big salad.
Hi everyone, it’s Celeste from The Whole Serving, here again with a super easy recipe. So if you need another easy dish to add to your game day treats think about adding these Twisted Chorizo Breadsticks to your game day list.
Because I’m a non-meat eater I used Trader Joe’s Soy Chorizo, but you can easily trade it out for regular chorizo.
I made my dough using my bread machine, but you can easily use a pre-made dough for this recipe. After mixing and spreading the chorizo on the bottom layer of dough you will place a second layer of dough on the spread and roll, slice, twist and bake.
I like serving mine with a side of guac mixed with a bit of sour cream, so delicious. You can also use queso or salsa for dipping. You may want to check out this recipe if you need an easy vegan queso dip.
Make these for your next gathering and watch them disappear.
Twisted Chorizo Breadsticks
Twisted Chorizo Breadsticks
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- If you like you can use pre-made
- 8 oz. plain cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup crumbled soy chorizo or regular chorizo
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of dried cilantro
- Pour almond milk into a small bowl, warm milk 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Sprinkle yeast over warm milk and allow to proof 10 minutes.
- Pour the milk mixture into the bowl of the bread machine, add in the olive oil, bread flour and salt.
- Set bread maker to dough setting and continue according to manufactures instructions for dough.
- While the dough is forming mix together the softened cream cheese, chorizo, garlic powder, and dried cilantro. When well combined, cover and set aside.
- When dough is ready transfer to a lightly floured surface and divide into two balls and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll each into a large rectangle, about 14 x 11. Spread one layer of dough with the chorizo mixture, place the second layer of dough on top of the chorizo and roll gently with rolling pin.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter cut the dough into 1/2 inch strips. Twist and place on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until dough starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving with your dip of choice.
- Be sure to have fun and enjoy!!!
If you like this snack recipe, you may want to give these a try.