Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes, white cake sliced in half, stuffed with vanilla frosting and fresh strawberries, drizzled with a vanilla frosting glaze!
Hi all!! I’m not sure how it is with your family but on Sunday’s we tend to just stay in, relax, catch up on housework and basically just enjoy each others company.
This past weekend, Sunday in particular was just so gorgeous out. I really wanted to make a special treat for us and I was inspired by the warmer temperatures.
I was craving something light as well, with fresh fruit. I picked up these gorgeous strawberries from Walmart recently and was itching to use them! So, I went rummaging through my pantry and spotted a cake mix and frosting from Pillsbury™, score! I knew just what I wanted to make… Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes!! YUM.
I always have the other ingredients on hand as well. I was so happy I had grabbed these Pillsbury™ products on a previous shopping trip at Walmart. I love to have them on hand for a time like this, they are so affordable how can you not stock up??
These cupcakes come together so quick too. You could definitely make a larger version of this dessert, in a two layer cake with just the same ingredients, talk about a show stopper!
Strawberry Shortcake CupcakesPrint
- 1 box Pillsbury Classic White Cake Mix
- 2 cans Pillsbury Vanilla Frosting
- 1 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 pound strawberries large chop
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl. With a hand mixer, mix for 30 second on low speed to get everything mixed. Place on medium speed and beat for two minutes. Pour batter half way full into a greased cupcake tin. Bake 19-23 minutes until lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place on a wired rack for 5 minutes to cool, remove from pan and let cool completely.
- While cakes are cooling, chop strawberries.
- Carefully cut cupcakes in half. Place one can of frosting into a piping bag and pipe a ring around the edges of the cupcakes, cut side up. Place about 1 strawberries worth of berries in center. Top with the other cupcake half.
- Place the other can of frosting into microwave, with the top off and ALL of the foil seal off. Microwave for 10 seconds intervals, stirring between each until frosting is liquidy and pour-able.
- Pour a small amount of frosting on top of cupcakes for a nice glaze.
- Top with more strawberries, serve and enjoy!!
Oh yea, I love this technique of heating up the frosting, instant amazing glaze!!
I topped mine with a whole strawberry, you can do the same or use chopped ones. That is really up to your preference!
I really hope you enjoyed today’s recipe! How do you like to make memories with your family on the weekends??
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.