Hi, it’s Wanda Ann from Memories by the Mile. So happy to be here, thank you Dana for having me. This will be my last month contributing here at This Silly Girl’s Life and may I say I have had a blast. Dana is so good at what she does and it’s been a pleasure to get to know her.
This month I’m sharing one of my all time favorite salad’s. I absolutely love this Strawberry Apple Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing.
I have made it for just about every holiday and a whole lot of family gatherings. It is always a crowd pleaser. Even my husband loves it and he’s a ranch dressing and not fruit on my salad kind of guy. My positively all time favorite apple is Honey Crisps from Washington and this is their prime season, right now. If you have never had a Honey Crisp, go right to your grocery store and buy one, or several, because your family is going to love them too! Don’t wait any longer, you won’t be sorry! This Strawberry Apple Salad is easy to make and really you can make it a variety of ways. Now with all the yummy ingredients in this salad, the last thing that makes it the perfect is the dressing. I use Briannas Poppy Seed Dressing, because it’s easy and oh so good!
Don’t be afraid to play around with this salad. I’ve added pears, grapes, peaches, and blueberries instead of strawberries. So whatever fruit combination you love will be delicious.
Strawberry Apple Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce washed and torn
- about 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 large Honey Crisp Apple cored and cut into bite size chunks
- 1 quart strawberries – cleaned hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup Sugared Sliced Almonds
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Brieanne’s Poppy Seed Dressing
- Place ingredients into a pan over medium heat. As the sugar melts from the heat it will create a sugar coating on the almond slices. Continue stirring until the almonds are lightly brown. Then remove from heat, place on wax paper and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients, except the almonds. Add the dressing to the salad and toss. Do not add all of the dressing at once – add just enough to coat. Place a damp paper towel on top and place in the frig until ready to serve. Sprinkle sugared sliced almonds on top of the salad.
- Toss a little more dressing with salad just before serving.
Thank you so much Dana and all of This Silly’s Girl’s Life followers. I have really enjoyed getting to know you and being a contributor here. I’d love for you to keep in touch with me at any of the following social media sites.
Here are a few more recipes from Wanda Ann you may enjoy…