Sausage Balls, only 5 ingredients, with a fun Tex Mex twist! from contributor Penney Lane Kitchen
One of my favorite new cooking shows is Valerie’s Home Cooking. I have always loved her bubbly personality and bought her Italian cookbook when it came out a few years ago and it had some keeper recipes. I’m loving the easy, but delicious recipes on her show. A few weeks ago she was making her mom’s sausage balls. She was using Italian sausage and I thought how fun it would be to making them with a Tex Mex twist.
- 3 cups Original Bisquick Mix
- 1 pound uncooked bulk spicy sausage
- 1 small can fire roasted chilis drained
- 1/2 cup grated Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a cookie sheet with sides with nonstick spray.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Using your hands or a spoon combine the ingredients thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into one inch balls and place on cooking sheet with space in between each ball.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Best when served warm.
- Can be served with salsa or queso.
This recipe is adapted from Bisquik.com
These are so easy to make. Just a few ingredients, pop them in the oven, and done. These Tex Mex Sausage Balls are great for parties or as a game day appetizer. (Hint Super Bowl food!)
These Tex Mex Sausage Balls have lots of comfort food flavor- bread, sausage, and cheese! The heat from the sausage and chilies add the perfect kick to keep them from being too heavy. Put these out with some queso, salsa, or your favorite spicy creamy dip at your next party and watch them disappear!
You might also like: