Hi everyone! It’s Gina from Kleinworth & Co. again.
I’m back to share with you an fun little Valentine’s Day treat you can make with your kids. This is super simple, makes a great little gift & will have your guest so impressed when you share them at your Valentine’s Day party.
Hearts & Kisses Cream Cheese Mints
You can really shape them however you like. Normally I would use a star tip on my piping bag – but I thought making them in the shape of hearts & “kisses” would be cute since Valentine’s Day is right around the corner.
- 3 oz cream cheese- room temperature
- 1 tbsp butter – softened
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- ¼ tsp Creme de Menthe candy flavoring
- 1-2 drops food color
- Lay out a large piece of parchment paper on the counter & tack it down to hold it in place.
- Fit your pastry bag with a large round tip – set aside
- In mixer bowl add cream cheese & butter- beat well until smooth.
- Add in confectioners sugar – one cup at a time, beating in-between cups.
- Your peaks should be stiff & not melt down when you stop beating.
- Add in your food color & extract & beat well.
- Transfer mixture to your piping bag & start piping onto your parchment in heart & kiss shapes.
- Transfer parchment to baking sheet or large cutting board to make it easier to transport.
- Place in refrigerator to firm up several hours before removing from parchment.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer for up to 4 months.
Thank you Dana for having me today.
I’m looking forward to sharing another family favorite with you next month.
Want more Valentine treat recipes…..
About: Gina is a mom to 3, wife to a fire chief, photographer & homeschooler. Within the last year she relocated with her family to Northern Idaho after 12 long years living in various parts of the Nevada desert. Gina is a Southern California beach native with a passion for food photography, blogging, baking & getting crafty with re-purposing & up-cycling on a budget.