Cranberry Turkey Salad, a great way to use up leftover turkey, creamy and studded with cranberries.
Hey there! It’s Rina from I Thee Cook again. I hope everyone had a happy Turkey Day! Do you have an abundance of leftover turkey? I had quite a bit myself. Now there are a bazillion leftover turkey recipes. Everything from turkey potpie, turkey soup, turkey casserole, turkey this or turkey that. Since I have already made them a bazillion times to I opted for this salad as an amazing sandwich.
Now you can make this with chicken as well. But if you are eating it as a sandwich you must put it on this bread! It makes the sandwich. I don’t know why or how it just does. Perfect for lunch or dinner, it’s a total time saver and a cinch to whip up. This salad would be perfect as an appetizer on cracker or toasts as well.
Cranberry Turkey Salad
- 2 cups leftover cooked turkey shredded
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 ⁄4 cup dried cranberries roughly chopped
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 ⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 romaine lettuce leaves torn in half
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 slices pumpernickel rye bread or crackers
- In a large bowl combine the first 10 ingredients, mixing well. Top 6 slices of bread with the lettuce and then the turkey salad mixture. Top with remaining bread to build the sandwiches. Makes 6 sandwiches or spoon onto crackers as an appetizer. Enjoy!
Connect with Rina: