Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies are an easy, tender cookie bursting with cinnamon sugar.
These cinnamon cream cheese cookies make for the perfect Christmas (or anytime!) cookie!
AKA snickerdoodles on steroids!
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies
Cream Cheese Cookies, just the name of these has me drooling.
But, then add cinnamon to the mix and I’m sold!
These cinnamon cream cheese cookies remind me of snickerdoodles, however, they have the texture of meltaways.
Basically, snickerdoodles on steroids!
Take me to the recipe for
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies already!
Thank you so much for your eagerness to view my recipe.
If you would rather not hear my super helpful tips and tricks, FAQ, and my overall awesomeness and get straight to this delicious Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies recipe – you can very easily scroll all the way to the bottom of this post for the full printable FREE recipe! Bon appetit.
What are cream cheese cookies?
If you’ve never had a cream cheese cookie before, they are tender, slightly chewy, and as you can imagine, addictive!
I’ve had them plain before but I really wanted to try something new with the basic recipe.
Normally, you will roll the dough balls in powdered sugar, instead, I rolled them in cinnamon sugar!
This makes the outside have a slight crunch and a nice cinnamon kick!
What’s not to love??
I really don’t know why I haven’t tried this sooner.
How to make cream cheese cookies
Cream together butter and cream cheese, mix in powdered sugar, eggs, vanilla, and flour.
Let chillax in the fridge for an hour.
Roll out 1-inch dough balls, and roll them in yummy cinnamon and sugar.
Bake until just set, this is important and the key to a tender cream cheese cookie.
Let cool for as long as you can, I won’t be liable for any burnt mouths! 😉
How yummy would these be on a huge Christmas cookie spread?
Honestly, though, these are perfect year round if you ask me.
You can’t go wrong with cookies with cream cheese!
It’s always time for cinnamon in my book!
Some of my favorite cinnamon recipes:
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookie Alternatives and Add-ons:
Want to really take these over the top?
How about adding a yummy cream cheese or powdered sugar glaze drizzled over each cookie??
Make cream cheese frosting and BOOM: Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookie Sandwiches, wow again!
For even more of a spicy kick, add more cinnamon to the cookie dough.
You can add this in at the same time as the flour.
I also think these would make a great cream cheese sugar cookie.
Roll these in colored sugar for a festive touch!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Tools used for making cream cheese cookies recipe:
- Hand mixer to mix the batter
- Vanilla Bean Paste, this is a must for a great vanilla kick to any baked good.
- Parchment paper, to cover your baking sheet
- Baking sheets, for baking 🙂
- Wired rack, to cool baked goods – and these cookies!
So, what do you think?
Do you love cinnamon as much as I do?
The base of these cream cheese cookies is so amazing I had to make more versions!
All the cookies listed below are based on this recipe:
Can you freeze cream cheese cookies?
Store cream cheese cookies in an airtight container.
You can freeze cream cheese cookies for up to three months in an airtight container.
For even more yummy cinnamon cookies, check out these recipes from my favorite bloggers:
- Snow Capped Gingersnaps
- Soft and Chewy Molasses Cookies
- Cinnamon Crinkle Cookies
- Cinnamon Maple Sugar Cookies
This recipe is adapted from Cakescottage.
How to make cream cheese cookies with cinnamon:
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 & 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 & 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth. Slowly add the powdered sugar until combined. Add egg, baking powder, vanilla, and salt. Mix to combine. Add flour in slowly until fully incorporated, scraping the sides as needed. Place in fridge for one hour to rest.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
- Roll dough into 1 inch sized balls, about 2 teaspoons worth of dough. Roll until coated in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, until just set. Do not overbake, it is hard to tell when these cookies are ready, they will puff up but won't get golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- No Chill Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies - July 1, 2020
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken - June 29, 2020
- 4th of July Party Idea + Chicken Salad with Cranberries - June 25, 2020