Chocolate Peanut Butter Overload Sandwich Cookies, soft chocolate cookies with peanut butter frosting and peanut butter cups!
You’ve guessed it, this is one heck of a cookie! Super moist chocolate cookies are loaded with mini peanut butter cups, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips!
But, that’s not all, oh no. I made these cookies into a cookie sandwich. Sandwiched in the middle is a peanut butter cup and peanut butter frosting, oh my! (How many times will I say peanut butter in this post?? Take your bets!)
Ugh, I made the cookies themselves oversized to get all the goodies inside.
They are moist, chewy and bursting with chocolate-y peanut buttery goodness!
The peanut butter frosting is super fluffy and not overly sweet. A perfect combo.
Chocolate and peanut butter just happen to be one of my favorite flavor combinations of all time. AND, peanut butter cups are my favorite chocolate treat.
They might look difficult…. they aren’t. You can even make the cookies in advance and sandwich them the next day. Super easy.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- ¾ Cup chocolate and peanut butter chips mixed
- ¾ Cup mini peanut butter cups
- 10 regular sized peanut butter cups (used for stuffing the cookies at assembly)
- 1 stick (1/2 Cup) unsalted butter, room temp
- ½ Cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 3½ Tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350. In the bowl of an electric mixer (or hand mixer) cream the butter and sugars, 2-3 minutes until fluffy. Blend in the egg and vanilla, scraping the sides of the bowl if needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add in the dry mix to the wet a little at a time until fully combined, scraping the sides.
- Slowly add in the milk, fold in the chocolate peanut butter chips and cups.
- Roll dough into 10 equal sized balls, place on a parchment lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 9-12 minutes. Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with a hand mixer. Add the peanut butter and vanilla, mix well. Slowly add in the powdered sugar, alternating with the heavy cream.
- Beat for 2-3 minutes until fluffy.
- Take one cookie and pipe frosting in a circle around the outside edge, place a peanut butter cup in the center. Top with another cookie, serve and enjoy!
The cookies by themselves are to die for, but add in that frosting and it just takes them to the next level!
So, what do you think? Is chocolate and peanut butter one of your favorite combos as well??
Available for preorder now:
Order My Cookbook!
Available for preorder now: