Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzels, pretzel rods dipped in peanut butter and chocolate, perfect for stocking stuffers!
Hi there, I’m back with another holiday treat, yay! These chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels are just…. too good. There are no words to describe the deliciousness.
BUT, I am a chocolate + peanut butter freak so, I might be a little partial. Although, I don’t think I’m the only one that LOVES this flavor combo…. amirite??
This recipe is so insanely easy to make. I think it would be just the perfect little touch to everyone’s stocking on Christmas morning.
The beaut of this recipe though is how versatile it is. Don’t celebrate Christmas? That’s okay too because you can decorate these for any occasion. Sprinkles are just the added festive touch here, you can even leave them off if you don’t like sprinkles!
The hardest part about this recipe is the dipping of the pretzels, which isn’t “hard” at all. It can get a little tricky if you just melt your ingredients in a bowl and start dipping, that’s why I suggest using champagne glasses for dipping.
I know, sounds a little crazy but, the tall skinny glass helps to coat the pretzels evenly without having to waste excess peanut butter and chocolate.
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzels
- Place peanut butter and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 30 seconds. Stir butter and peanut butter together until smooth. Pour into a champagne glass or something of similar shape. Dip pretzels in peanut butter mixture, leaving enough space to hold the pretzel for easy eating. Place on a lined sheet tray and place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Repeat process again, dipping pretzels in the peanut butter and freezing an additional 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in 20 seconds intervals on half power in the microwave until smooth, stirring between each interval.
- Melt the candy melts or white chocolate the same way, pour into a quart-sized plastic baggie and snip off a tiny bit of one corner, this will make for easy drizzling.
- Pour chocolate into another champagne glass, dip pretzels one by one and immediately drizzle with the white chocolate. Decorate with sprinkles. Repeat for all the pretzels. Freeze an additional 10 minutes.
Here is a super quick video tutorial of the process:
See, super easy! I hope you liked this recipe, I really think it’s a fun one to get the kids involved too!