Chocolate Covered Cherry Oreo Cookie Balls, maraschino cherries stuffed inside a classic Oreo cookie ball and dipped in melted chocolate!
It’s the last post before Christmas and I wanted to leave you with an extra delicious recipe! I made these today to have on the holiday but we may have already eaten our share, whoops! That’s okay because these are so easy I can whip up some more in no time!
Oreo cookie balls have become a classic dessert that looks super impressive but are the perfect go-to dessert or snack! Also great for parties, they are super cute! I love this version I made because it looks like a classic chocolate covered cherry but when you bite into it you get a yummy Oreo surprise!
Chocolate Covered Cherry Oreo Cookie Balls
- 20 Oreos
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 17 each maraschino cherries drained and patted dry
- 2 1/2 Cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- chocolate sprinkles optional
- Place Oreos in a food processor, pulse until it makes crumbs. Add in the cream cheese and pulse until combined.
- You can use a scoop like I did or you hands and place about a tsp of the Oreo mixture in the Tablespoon sized scoop, smushing it so it goes up the sides and makes a little cup. Place a cherry in the center. Place some more of the cookie mixture around the stem on top and press to enclose the cherry. Take the cookie ball out of the scoop and round it out with your hands.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone make. Place in freezer for one hour to set.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or double boiler. Dip cookie balls into mixture, tapping on the side of the bowl to get as much of the chocolate off as possible. Place back on the lined cookie sheet. Immediately top with sprinkles if desired.
- Place back in the freezer for 10 minutes for the chocolate to harden. Serve and enjoy!
Melt chocolate in microwave or double boiler. Dip cookie balls into mixture, tapping on the side of the bowl to get as much of the chocolate off as possible. Place back on the lined cookie sheet. Immediately top with sprinkles if desired.
Place back in the freezer for 10 minutes for the chocolate to harden. Serve and enjoy!
Yummm, these are soo amazing!
They came out so great and look so cute and impressive! Get ready to wow those guests once again!
If you liked this recipe, please check out these others by clicking on the images:
Latest posts by Dana DeVolk (see all)
- White Chocolate Truffles - February 25, 2020
- Easy Grilled Asparagus Recipe (Ready in Under 15 Minutes!) - February 24, 2020
- Marble Oreo Truffles - February 21, 2020