Surprise them with these sweet, moist, decadent Chocolate Cashew Butter filled Cinnamon Buns. They’ll thank you later!
Hi everyone! It’s me again, Celeste from The Whole Serving, back with a recipe that will literally have you licking your fingers and lips.
I hardly ever, more like never use my bread machine for baking breads I usually only use it for dough because it makes things so much easier, but you can certainly make this dough without it if you don’t have one.
Such a pretty dough, don’t you think.
A few months ago my daughter became obsessed with cinnamon rolls after using leftover pizza dough I had to make a batch. She likes the plain and simple brown sugar and cinnamon filled rolls, while I like to experiment and try different fillings.
I like the combination of nut butter and chocolate so I gave it a try. I used cashew butter because my daughter is allergic to peanuts, however, you can use peanut butter if it’s not a problem for you.
My daughter isn’t a big chocolate lover and didn’t want to give these a try, but she did and she was blown away by the out-of-this-world deliciousness. I also took a batch to work and it was a hit with them as well.
This is over-the-top delicious, trust me. Make it for your family and watch it disappear.
Chocolate Cashew Butter Cinnamon Buns
Chocolate Cashew Butter Cinnamon BunsPrint
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons natural cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance vegan butter or real butter if not vegan
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 ½ cups cashew butter or whatever’s your favorite
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour almond milk into a small bowl, stir natural sugar in milk, warm milk 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Sprinkle yeast over warm milk and allow to proof 10 minutes.
- While yeast is proofing melt Earth Balance or butter.
- Pour milk mixture and melted Earth Balance into bowl of bread maker.
- Add the flour and salt on top of liquids.
- Set bread maker to dough setting and continue according to manufactures instructions for dough.
- When dough is ready pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil a rectangle baking pan or dish and line with parchment paper leaving some to hang over the sides of pan for lifting out of pan. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Shape dough into a square and with a lightly floured rolling pin roll dough into a large rectangle about 11 x 17.
- In a small bowl mix together cashew butter and vanilla, spread over dough, sprinkle brown sugar, chocolate chips and cinnamon over cashew butter.
- Starting with the long edge roll dough tightly.
- Slice and place in baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- While buns are baking mix together powdered sugar, almond milk and vanilla.
- When buns have cooled slightly spread with glaze, serve and enjoy.
If you like this, here’s more you may like.