Banana Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Frosting, light, moist banana cupcakes are topped with THE BEST brown sugar frosting.
Best. Cupcakes. Ever.
I hate to say, this is another recipe I have been holding off from sharing with you all for over a month! A month! Photos, recipe, everything ready but never posted it. You see, in this wonderful world of blogging that I have come to now call my career, you can come by time to time another blogger who has
A month! Photos, recipe, everything ready but never posted it. You see, in this wonderful world of blogging that I have come to now call my career, you can come by time to time another blogger who has
Photos, recipe, everything ready but never posted it. You see, in this wonderful world of blogging that I have come to now call my career, you can come by time to time another blogger who has somehow telepathically had the same idea as you and post it before you get to do so. LOL, this happened to me with these cupcakes!
I’m serious, it is crazy to me, I was scrolling Pinterest a couple days after I made today’s post and came across a pin for these cupcakes from The Chef Next Door. I hadn’t even consumed all of these cupcakes and she beat me to it! LOL, great minds think alike. 😉
So, I’m crediting her here because hers look completely amazing as well, the recipes are slightly different, so you should give them both a try! I wanted to give a nice buffer of time for her cupcakes to circulate before I brought mine into the mix, please forgive me!
Trust me, they’re worth the wait!
These seriously are some of the best cupcakes I’ve ever made and tasted.
The banana cupcake itself is like an amped up extra light but still seriously moist banana bread. But to me, the real winner here is the brown sugar frosting.
It’s one of those weird recipes, you know where you cook flour and milk together… I know, it sounds weird but… but…. wow. It’s the best frosting I have ever made. EVER.
It might be the only frosting I will ever make again. EVER.
Recipe for the frosting adapted from Tasty Kitchen. This post contains affiliate links.
Things you may need for this recipe:
The frosting can take a bit of work, but once you tasted it. You will understand the deliciousness.
Banana Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Frosting
- 1 1/2 Cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Cup mashed bananas about 3 bananas
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 egg lightly beaten
Brown Sugar Frosting
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter room temp
- 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line muffin tin with wrappers, set aside. In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add in the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine, add the wet mixture to the dry and stir until just combined and no dry spots. Divide the batter among the 12 cupcakes wrappers, about 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 17-19 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean. Place on a wire rack for 5 minutes, take out and place directly on the rack to cool completely.
Brown Sugar Frosting
- In a small saucepan, whisk the flour into the milk and cook over medium heat, whisking continuously until thick. Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla and let cool to room temp.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy and there is no graininess left. Add in the cooled milk mixture and beat it on high speed until a whipped cream consistency. This can take a while, do not give up! Well worth the effort. Frosting cupcakes and enjoy! Any leftover cupcakes should be refrigerated.
If you liked this recipe, check out these other amazing cupcakes: