Banana Bread Pudding Cups, cute, banana bread cups filled with vanilla pudding, whipped topping and vanilla wafer crumb garnish!
Summer is almost here, so close! When I was little and we still lived in the Chicago suburbs, we used to take trips down to North Carolina in the summer to visit my Grandma and other family. We stayed with my Grandma Helen and she is famous (in our family anyway!) for her cooking, especially her desserts!
One of my favorites she makes has always been classic southern banana pudding! Any variation of banana pudding instantly reminds me of my Grandma and our summers in North Carolina. So, naturally since it is the summer desserts series I wanted to make a banana pudding-esque recipe!
These little cuties are so amazingly delicious — and easy!! I took the recipe from my banana cupcakes with brown sugar frosting, smushed them into cups, filled with instant vanilla pudding mixed with whipped topping, more whipped topping and a nice garnish of vanilla wafers for crunch and well, to be more like the real deal!
I think these are the perfect bite and a great alternative. You can eat these with your hands, and would look great on a party spread! I even like how you can make the cups, then save them for later. I only piped half of them with the pudding to eat right away and saved the rest in a sealed container to fill for another time.
Perfect make ahead dessert!
Banana Bread Pudding Cups
Banana Bread Pudding Cups
- 1½ Cup all purpose flour
- ¾ Cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ Cup mashed bananas about 3 bananas
- ¼ Cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 Cup prepared instant vanilla pudding
- 1 Cup whipped topping plus more for garnish
- 10 vanilla wafers turned into crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray 2 muffin tins with cooking spray, set aside. In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, add in the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine, add the wet mixture to the dry and stir until just combined and no dry spots. Divide the batter among the 2 muffin tins, about 1/2 of the way full. Bake for 14-16 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean. Place on wired rack, let cool slightly and using a small bottle, push in the middle of the cups. Let cool completely.
- Mix the pudding with the whipped topping. Fill cups with mixture, add a dollop of whipped topping and garnish with the cookie crumbs. Serve and enjoy!
Here is a little step up step process of making the cups and filling:
Try to find something small enough to make a good sized divot in the middle but to leave a nice sized border around the sides. I used an extract bottle for mine, as you can see, lol.
These are sooo yummy and bursting with banana flavor! Give them a try!
I really hope you liked today’s recipe! Since you are here already, why don’t you stick around and stay a while? I’m sure you will like these other similar recipes:
Banana Snacking Cake, made with yogurt!