This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. #LoveThisHolidayTwist #CollectiveBias
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Cream Puffs, jalapenos, bacon, and cream cheese stuffed in crescent rolls and baked.
Tis the season for yummy appetizers, fa la la la la… my favorite time of the yearrrr!
Okay, you know me, I will happily have a huge platter of appetizers any night of the week just to mix up dinner time. So, I really don’t need an excuse to deliver you this perfectly wrapped package of bacon-y goodness. But, the holidays are a time that just screams make tiny little cute appetizers and treats, so here ya go!
I wanted to take a classic appetizer like jalapeno poppers and do something a little different with them. Cream puffs are always a huge hit so why not combine the two?
Stuffed inside these golden brown crescent rolls are diced fresh jalapenos, scallions, cream cheese and my BFF forever and ever Amen Wright® Brand Hickory Smoked Bacon.
Yes, if you have been a reader for any time at all you know I swoon every time I get to cook with Wright® Brand Bacon. It’s just flat out the best, there is no way around it.
You know what else is swoon worthy? SAUSAGE DIP. And you know the main ingredient in sausage dip? Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage, oh yes.
And, lucky for you (and me), they are super easy to find at Walmart, they are practically besties on their own. They are in the refrigerated section right next to each other.
Okay, you have waited long enough, on to the yummies!
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Cream Puffs
- 2 slices Wright® Brand Bacon Hickory Smoked
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeno minced
- 1 tablespoon scallion thinly sliced, green part only
- 1 can crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut bacon into 1/2 inch dice and cook until crispy over medium heat. Drain the fat and add to a small bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients except for the dough. Mash everything together with a fork until smooth and combined.
- Evenly divide the cream cheese mixture amongst the crescents and roll up like normal. Place on a sheet tray and make for 9-12 minutes until golden brown.
Yummy, yummy, super easy! You cannot mess this up. Plus, you will be the star of any holiday party or weeknight meals or snack time where you hoard them all for yourself, you know, anything festive!
Of course, once you make these you will be itching to use that Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage and I have just the recipe for you! Sausage Dip Pinwheels, anyone??
For more recipes with a fun holiday twist visit LoveThisHolidayTwist.com and Happy Cooking!!
Order My Cookbook!