Anytime Banana muffins with a brown sugar oat crumble topping and chocolate chips!
Have you ever had a bunch of bananas on the counter and realize that there is no way you will eat them all before they turn too ripe? In my family, we like them before they get too sweet. But once they do, we turn them in to delicious banana muffins.
I have two boys who love anything with chocolate. So I add a few chocolate chips to get them to eat their fruit. Banana muffins with a brown sugar oat crumble topping is the perfect breakfast to get them out the door. These breakfast muffins go great with a tall glass of milk.
These muffins are dense and full of that sweet banana taste without being overpowering. The crunchy oat topping and hint of chocolate make them irresistible.
These banana muffins would be just as delicious with chopped nuts instead of chocolate. They make a great after-school snack and a quick breakfast for those mornings when you’re rushing to get out the door. Just grab and go!
Bananas are so healthy for you, loaded with potassium and vitamin C, and a great choice if you’re looking for a nutrient dense power food. And these muffins pack all that goodness in each morsel. I promise they will give you just the right amount of energy to keep you going.
Anytime Banana Muffins
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter salted
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips optional
For the Topping:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners. Mix together the egg, bananas, milk, melted butter and sugar using a mixer until blended. Add in the flour and baking powder until blended, being careful not to over mix. If using chocolate chips stir them in by hand.
- Fill the muffin tin with batter, filling each about 3/4 full. Mix together all the ingredients for the oat crumble topping. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the topping over each muffin and bake for 30 minutes until the muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and not gooey.
- Allow the muffins to cool before serving.
Check out these great Tailgating Recipes from Home & Plate
Connect with Alison: