If you have dry, greasy, frizzy, or flyaway hair, you might think that a head full of beautiful hair is something you’ll never be able to achieve.
Well you couldn’t be more wrong!
With the following tips we’re going to tackle some of the most common hair problems that ail us, so fear not, the key to gorgeous locks is just around the corner.
We all know the symptoms of a dry scalp. Furious itching and flakes of dandruff on your shoulders can leave you almost frantic, so how do we solve this?
After washing your hair, massage one or two tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil into your scalp, massaging it into the skin and coating your hair from root to tip. Proceed to wrap your hair in a warm towel or blanket. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before rinsing and conditioning your hair as normal.
This process can be repeated every three or four weeks, or as required.
Some people are unfortunate to be genetically predisposed to thin hair, but over the years, be it due to neglect or simply the aging process, our once-thick hair can begin to wither away.
First off, if your hair is quite thin already, you should avoid using products such as creams and serums as these can weigh down your hair and make areas with less body far more noticeable.
Make sure you condition your hair daily or at least every other day, and every 7-10 days it’s a good idea to use a more intensive treatment product to really strengthen and hydrate your follicles.
General Conditioning Tips
If you aren’t suffering from any particular issues but feel like your locks are looking a little lacklustre, check out some of these ideas for enhancing the overall condition of your hair:
· When blow drying, avoid using high heats; this will prevent your hair from drying out and becoming unnaturally thin. Ideally, you should let your hair dry naturally whenever possible.
· Aging naturally causes our hair colour to lose its vibrancy, so instead of using harsh colouring products, opt instead for colour-enhancing conditioners.
· It is well worth spending a little extra on anti-ageing shampoos as these will help to slow down the deterioration of your hair, keeping it looking youthful for longer.
· You may not realise this but your diet dramatically affects the quality of your hair and skin. Make sure you are eating enough protein to keep your hair strong, and be sure to consume plenty of B vitamins, Vitamin C, and magnesium.
· Try applying virgin coconut oil to your hair as a pre-wash treatment; it actually prevents water from penetrating into the hair strands. Usually when this happens, the cuticle rises and is more susceptible to breakage, so this is a great way of strengthening your hair.
· Applying coconut oil before you wash your hair is especially effective because it will enable the oil to reach deeper into the strands of hair while you wash it.
One very important point to remember is that it takes time to get a beautiful head of hair, especially if you are starting at a disadvantage. It can be very tempting to resort to harsh chemical treatments to achieve the look you desire, but this is only a temporary fix and you’ll very quickly lose that “salon look” after a few days or weeks.
Careful and consistent attention to the condition of your hair will yield dramatic and long-lasting results that will have you turning heads in no time! For more information on healthy hair, visit www.hershesons.com.
**This is a sponsored post on behalf of the website listed above. The information in it is very useful so I thought I would share it with everyone!**